9/2/13

Old woman song

I read my old journal. And my old journal. And my old old journal. And yours too and yours and yours. I cried and laughed and laughed and held my hand to my chest and wept while shaking my head while saying, oh no, oh no, oh no. For all of the freaking shit I used to feel which was so much goddamn bullshit. And all the drugs and unrequited love. The shitty music I listened to and back when way back when I talked only about the love life I wished I had. And then I had one. And I remember telling Syrus, When I move to New York I'm going to fall in love and then I will probably die of a broken heart. And then I did!

That was ten years ago!!!

I'm so glad I had this strange urge to completely expose myself. So I could read it again and everyone's cutie ass little comments on everything!!
I got home from work two hours ago. I wasn't tired at all so I hung out by myself, watched a little TV, had some ice cream, drank a Bud Light Lime, came on the interweb and said all this shit I just said. It's 7:30 a.m.

Hello, good morning, my love, it's seven thirty a.m., so many poems that began this way, so many mornings. I used to think I had so much to be angry about.
Life is good. You can't make everybody happy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exquisite corpse between us. You order coffee - I get the tea. I draw a head - you sketch a knee. You give it arms - I doodle feet. Cool hat...
Before that...
“She’s mean”

Alex Patrick Dyck said...

I love you, John!

Anonymous said...

My Dear Jane,
Keep up the good-work.
Love and Blessings!